Piggymoo - A forum lost in time and space

Did you know we have 4112 anime wallpapers?
Dungeons and dragons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Piggymoo.com Forum Index -> chat forum -> Role playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Burried under his own posts

Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 12008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That chance may be sssmall... but it could be... Let'ss continiue..."
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 12009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Ultima walks over to Ronin* "Hello there friend, may i help thee at the adventure.....or destroy you?"
Sendal
Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy

Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 12009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultima presents character sheet or provides character concept
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 12009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Requests a Character Sheet From the dungean master* =)
Ronin

Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 12009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendal wrote:
Ultima presents character sheet or provides character concept

Didn't this thread die?
Well i don't mind if it's resurrected.. But..
Well... it was cool of course, + i'd like to learn a thing or 2 more about D&D

Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy

Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 12009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can bring it back. Resurection is a DnD spell after all. Anyone still here who wants to continue PM me, or if anyone wants to join PM me either a character sheet (if you know how to make one) or an idea of the sort of character you want to play. I have learned a little more about Play by post games, so it should run a bit quicker in theory

Some time later, in a different part of the forest, a man stalks through the swampy ground, aproaching a sound as something disturbs the bushes ahead. Clutching his bow, he steps slowly foreward and sees... an unexpected sight. A man in a habit, with an oversized pack steadying himself on a long staff.
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! I missed this little intro waiting for a message about my character Smile May the rp continue!

Leaning on my staff, I looked about the clearing for some clue that I had missed, something, anything to indicate that I had followed the instructions I had been given percisely.

The sun was at its highest point in the sky and beat down on me without mercy. I was covered in sweat and my shaven scalp in particular was non too fond of the increasing heat. Pulling a skin from my belt, I uncorked it and took a long drag of the water within. As the liquid slid down my throat, I thought about how I had gotten to this point.

Without any true sense of time or space, I searched on, stooping on occasion, leaning heavily upon my staff looking for any signs of passage. And so it was so that I was happened upon by the most unexpected of persons.
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I walk over to the man in a habit...I think about who this man is, and I start to think he is the one called Kurma the one that stole my ancient ring, as I get in my battle position, I yell "State Your name!" as i pull back my bow and arrow, i notice my foot is sinking into the swamp sand.....as i get stuck....I fall....and land on my elbows, they sink in as well into the drampy swamp, as i call out for the man in a habiti, I notice my whole bottom half is under the sand.....
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Startled, I swivel to face a man that approaches me, arrow drawn and pointing at my chest.

"State your name!" the unknown man yells.

Staring with drawn features and weariness, for my search has well drawn me to my limits physically and emotionally, I watch as the quick sand catches this person and pulls him in with a languid sucking sound.

Standing tall, I force myself to focus all my energies to study this ones face, trying to perceive his intent. Is he hostile, looking to pray upon me? Or is he simply cautious and trying to defend himself?

Sense motive check please Very Happy
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I struggle in the sand I beg for mercy, and for a way of help....as my face sinks into the ground i barely scream "Help!!!" as my face sinks under the sand.....i see my near new adventure coming to an end....as i hope in my head that the monk will save me....

Intent for self defense and hunting my stealer person of my ring xD
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this ones body begins to disapear from view, my concentration is interupted. I understand now that any hopes to decipher His true motives are now completely buried in the throes of self persevation.

With a sigh, I notice that his bow is now completely harmless and resting atop the sand. So I strech my staff out so that he may grasp it and pull him from the Quick sand with great effort.

I look upon the man, now dirtied beyond recognition as a man, and marvel at the instant hostility that he leveled upon me. As he lay there free of the quicksand, I keep myself at the ready should he try any further mischief.

"I am John. Who might you be?"
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I get out of the quicksanslwly but surly I look at John, stufyign him very carefully, "I thank you John, I am Ultima, Sory for before....I was looking for the man who stole my ring...as i need it for my people...The person who stole it would not have saved me....Thank you." As I Put my hand out to shake his..
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I extend my hand slowly and grasp Ultima's.

"I was taken by suprise, friend, nothing more. I guess under the circumstances, your actions are understandable." I look Ultima over and grimace a bit as I note the finely crafted armor now all amok.

"When did this robbery occur and did it happen in these woods?" I gesture broadly to emphasize my question. "I ask, because I am also searching for something, someone more like. I was sent here to find a fellow brother of my order who has been over due for some weeks now."

John stands at about five feet and a half. His eyes are grey in color, sharp and attentive. His face is completely free of hair, even his eyebrows have been shaven. His habbit appears to be spun of some light blend of materials and hangs loosely from his frame, which is slight. The habbit is sleeveless. His arms are muscled, but lean, like that of a great cat. As he returns his staff upright to his side, he does so quickly and surely. The staff is made of a dark wood that is polished to the point off giving the illusion of depth.

"Is it possible that this group of people may be responsible for the disapearance of that which we seek individually? This immediate area was where my brother held his studies and I can not find any trace of him. Perhaps we should search for your freinds," John chuckles slightly as he negatively emphasizes the word, "since they may have answers for both of us. What say ye?"
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I take John's hand and watch him look over my depth of my armor, as I remove my handcherchief from my face to greet him,

"I thank you for saving me, John, it was a very noble act for someone in your state..." I pick up my bow and almost sunken arrows in the sand behind me...washing them off as i face John and say...

"It occurd at the beginning of the woods....south of here....I was setting up a camp for night....when i awoken, it was actually disapprered from my finger....I couldnt belive that someone could be so sly as to take it like that...I track his footsteps in here...but they seem to have died down...beginning to show less depth in them...although, i may have been just following yours....I surely hope not..." as I look at my finger where the ring use to be....
"The ring has no power...It was given to me by my father" I begin to walk forward next to a tree....and lean up on it... "But, it is very treasured to me...It was a gift from my father since i was a wee lad....I must find it!"

As I walk toward John a little more and I hear him say something of friends "No, I dont have many friends, the animals are my friends, i see them as gateways, trackers....freinds as you might say"

"What was your exact reason to be sent down here for?"
"Perhaps if we track down my theif...we could find the one your looking for...either way....we have to do something.."

And no, i didnt get the "ring" from the LoTRs
Sendal
Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultima Track check (Survival) d20+7 = 13

The trail you were following leads west, and is distinct from the one left by Brother John.
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened in fascination as Ultima described his passion for nature. It all made sense. The bow, the natural leather armor. The way he approached me in the woods with out a sound.

I give Ultima as much information as is needed. Mabon, a fellow monk of my order, was responsible for the health of the trees from which we harvet to make our staffs, among other things. The instructions I had been given simply led me to this point of the forest as being one of the deepest points to which he would have traveled. I point out a particularly huge tree that forms nearly one quarter of the clearings border.

"Our brotherhood only takes what is given to us by these trees. We carefully nurture them, for they are very old. Beyond this point, I know not where to search. I only know these percise locations."

I look at Ultima sadly as I contemplate what he has told me. What would a thief want with Marbon? We are not a wealthy order nor do we carry anything worth stealing. I pointed this out to Ultima and agreed that we should possibly travel together. I had hopes my questions could be answered in this person whom stole Ultima's belongings.

"Yes, yes. It is just past midday, perhaps we can find out more if we use what light we have left. I shall follow you."

I re-adjust my pack and make to follow where ever it is that Ultima suggests when my curiosity gets the better of me.

"So you are a ranger then?"
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Aye, I am a ranger, But, im not crippled to close combat neither...its just my specialty"
As I look at the ground in trace of any footsteps, there are some. as i look around to see if there are any animals nearby, mainly because if there were any in the area, he must have not have been there....I look for any small broken branches....
"We must head west...That is where he has gone...im sure of it"

As i put my quiver back on my back

"I thank you for your aid...Try to be careful where you walk...try not to lead to many tracks...the one were following, must know how to hide them...But not good enough"

We start to head west....

"So, what is your specialty?" As we start to walk west.
Ronin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Somewhere nearby in the forest, Deen is
Drenched in marshwater and slightly wounded*

Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am light on my feet, I can even get out of the way of things moving in my direction very quickly. But to move silently in the forest is beyond me! Every time I set my foot down, I could here the crackle of dead leaves, the occaisional snapping of a twig or branch. So, I simply concentrated on steping where my new ranger guide stepped. I figured, maybe I could at least help conceal our numbers, if nothing else. But who would bother tracking us? Surely we were not important in the overall scheme of things!

"My order teaches us to be proficent with our minds, as well as our bodies. We are peaceful and steer clear of aggression, not involving ourselves in outside conflicts. We do not allow ourselves to become victims though. Thats why we train in various martial forms as a means of protection. I find that I am very good with a staff. I have already encountered petty thieves like that we are now tracking, and their knives are so pitiful" I laughed at the memory of the story I was now telling. The look of suprise on those no good criminals faces was satisfying as I simply popped them on the head, well out of reach of their swings. "It serves me well. And it is most useful! Even moments before, I was able to pull you from the quick sand with it." I grinned as I continued to follow Ultima.

"You know, there are those that train with the bow in my order. We like to be able to practice arrow snatching and dodging, as well as hunt game when the situation calls. If we are able to find my missing brother, I will see If I can have a bow made for you out of the wood we harvest. They are exceptionally strong and of excellent quality."

I had no idea where we were going, but I simply stepped in step with Ultima, trying to keep my voice to a minimal level. It was good to have a traveling companion after so many days wandering in the woods.

"What does the ground tell you?"
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we keep walking watching John follow me with some stealth and perserverance, I find a tree to climb up in, "Stay here for a quick moment, im going to scout ahead..." As i climb up into the tree I see nothing of that much importance ahead, just thicker woods, very thick woods, sadened about my new discovery I come down.

"The petty theif, He is ahead, he must be...But the woods are getting thicker...Which is good, there are usually trails in thicker woods that common theives would take, The question is, is this a common theif..."

As I proceed forward I look to the ground and see a small but noticeable type of gem....I pick it up, examine it, I do not recognize it, I hand it over to my newly found friend, John

"Do you know what this is? its nothing of mine, but, it leads straight to this trail..."

As I wait for John to examine the gem, I observe my surroundings, looking for any little thing, as i kneel down to the ground to examine it, I see footsteps, Not shoesteps, but footsteps, and the step looks close to new...

"He's not wearing any shoes...He cant of gone far without hurting himself to the very least" as i look around the steps, I see other steps....smaller ones, one of a dog, or a wolf....Something of that nature...

"I think our theif has a friend as well, A dog, of some kind, it may be leading him somewhere, somewhere important, good thing for us...animal tracks are very easily tracked"

As we enter the woods...
"Im going to set up a trap right here, so if anyones following us, he will be hurt" "Im not that good at making them...but a simple spike tree branch to the face should at least slow them down"

I begin to make my trap....
Display replies from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Piggymoo.com Forum Index -> chat forum -> Role playing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 22 of 49

Jump to: