Piggymoo - A forum lost in time and space

Did you know we have 4112 anime wallpapers?
Dungeons and dragons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Piggymoo.com Forum Index -> chat forum -> Role playing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Message
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


I take the gem and turn it over slowly in my hand. Gems are used in all types of things, I know, but I find myself wondering if this gem in particular has any magical qualities.

"If I was back among my brethren, I could tell you more. There are those amongst us that study the arts of the arcane and wield its power. I have also learned, but my knowledge is in identifying words of power and ritual. I do not practice magic. If there were any runes or symbols of any kind on the gem, I could possibly tell you more..."

are there any markings of any kind on the gem?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


I snatch it back, Rudely, I look at it more distinctivly....There are no certain markings sadly...

Sigh "Looks like it cant be identified...We must move on, perhaps there are more"
As we continue on our adventure, I hear sounds....crackling of a fire perhaps...
"Do you hear that John? It sounds like fire to me, or mayhaps dead leaves crackling together, The sounds for me are coming from where we are heading..."
As i look at the sky....the night is nigh....its getting dark, determined I Say
"The night is nigh...sahll we set up base camp? or continue?"
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


I spread my arms wide and grin at Ultima.

"I travel light, friend. For me to camp is to take the pack from my back and lay my head there upon. I say that we investigate that which you hear ahead."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


*Chuckles*
"We move on then!!"
As I move silently towards the sound that which I have heard, We go through and beyond the thick woods...as the light keeps going away....We still move on, with bravery on our side, nothing would stop us I thought, I see some sort of fire in the distance...as I crouch and make a Follow Me movement to John we head over to the fire....

As I dotn see any people around....I head towards the fire....just to see that its a lifeless dog burning.....for the reason I do not know
"Bastards.....Burning a helpless creature..."
As my frustraction comes through me i unshleath my bow, and clentch it with anger...as i look at the helpless animal burn, I grab my cantine of water and poor it over the animal....and perform a ritual.
I grab peices of bread from my belt and put them around the the poor dog...I get on my knees as I silently say
"Let this animal go to peace..."
As i stand up, I face John....That is not the way that dog should have died....The person who did this will pay...In blood...

I look at the ground for any sort of tracks on where to go next......

"I dont see any real noticable tracks....Its like he...Disappeared...any Ideas??"
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


I follow as quietly as I can. The smell hits me before I even see anything, its strong enough to make me want to wretch.

Silently, I agree with Ultima. The cruelty that I am observing is beyond reason. The fact that this dog had been living just earlier today... An idea about the person we are tracking takes form in my head.

"It becomes more clear to me that this person, this thief is trying to provoke you. You say the ring that was taken simply has sentimental value, nothing more. And now this," gesturing towards helpless canine.

Ultima had led us this far with his knowledge of tracking, and if the tracks had disapeared, I was unsure of what I could lend to the pursuit. So, I simply look about the clearing for anything unusual. I look into the trees. Most importantly, I listen to the approaching night.

Quietly, I tell Ultima, "I have no idea, unless this thief is also a magic user. This feels oddly like a trap to me..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


As i look around I cant tell if anything is around like a trap...nor any tracks
"He must be close, or here, im not sure of it...I need to take care of this body....its not like me to leave it laying helpless here...i must dispose of it...or at least put it somewhere in the trees so noone else can just see it..."

As I start to pick up the dog, I feel some unnecasary pressure....as i pull the dog up, I feel the ground under me slip...as I fall into a deep hole...about 10 feet deep, I feel my head hit the cool hard ground on the bottom, and hard....I Was knocked unconcious...
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


"I understand, I will help as I may."

I find and suggest a spot at the base of a tree that has a a root structure where the ground has erroded away.

As Ultima picks up the dog, I see him straining, which doesnt make sense. Then he falls beneath the surface of the ground as a hole opens up beneath his feet. It happens quickly, and I move as quickly as I can to the spot, being careful to myself not fall into the hole.

"Ultima, are you well?" I call down to him. He is obviously unconscious, because he does not respond.

I look about myself quickly, trying to discern wether or not this was what or thief was waiting for... Seeing nothing in the deepening dark, I take my rope from my pack and tie it to the midpoint of my staff. I then place the staff so that I may lower myself into the hole as the staff supports my weight on the ground surface.

Reaching the bottom, I use some water to try and revive Ultima.

"Wake up! We must get out of the open like this!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


As I barely awaken i flash my eyes open....
"Ugh...What happend?"
As i look around me, that question is quickly answered.....we must get out of here...I climb up the rope that John has made feeling the suprisingly sturdyness of it in my hands, I climb up, I grab my satchel and eat a peice of bread from it and take a drink from my cantine...As I look around even more causiously now, I see a darker object in the woods, I see it, I unsheethe my bow and arrows
"If thats not him....Im sorry..."
I fire

Roll on where i hit him (if i did) and how good please
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Knowing that Ultima took a pretty good knock to the head, I wait for him to get out of the hole. Then I myself pull myself up and out. It is while I am securing the rope back into my pack that I hear Ulrima say...

"If thats not him....Im sorry..."

I watch as the arrow releases, and I see that there is a darker spot amongst the trees at which the arrow was released. Glancing about me, I suggest to Ultima that we may not want to stay out in the open, maybe closer to the edge of the clearing would be better.

Without waiting to see if he is listening to my advice, I drag my pack and take my staff to the left of where Ultima is facing and kneel by the tree that I had suggested earlier as a burial spot for the murdered canine.

I keep my eyes glued to the spot where Ultima fired, and I make myself ready for anything that should throw itself at me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sendal
Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy


Joined: Wed Jan 09, 12008 6:18 pm
Posts: 1872
Location: Edinburgh

Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


whoa, moving quick here people. I can't be online all the time.

Ultima lays a crude trap in their wake, a woodsman's trap, so I'm going to call it survival

d20+7 = 24
A good trap, He finds the perfect branch and a convenient trunk to lodge it behind.

Knowledge Arcana: d20+5 = 22
Brother John Recognises the Gem as a lump of obsideon, Carved not for beauty, but almost to make a cutting tool.

heal from both: Ultima: d20+0 = 3 John: d20+2 = 19
John relises from a glance at the animal that it has been dead for some time, and had started to decay before it was burned.

Info on the "camp" John Sense motive d20+7 = 27
Though at first glance, this seems to be a camp site, certain things about it lead one to believe it is not true. The skinned rabbits seem placed, as if on a stage in a theatre. The bucket of water still half full, and footprints left a little too obvious.

Attack Roll: d20+5 = NATURAL 20 crit for x3 damage = 18 damage
Perfect shot, as someone falls out of sight, into the underbrush.


Last edited by Sendal on Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Sorry, lol. I am at home for another couple hours before work, thus had time on my hands. So my posts will slow down, and there will be pauses between them. I simply did not want to be responsible for holding anything up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Lol yeah Sorry as well, im jsut bored as well, i suppose we could slow down a little but Wink
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
Sendal
Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy


Joined: Wed Jan 09, 12008 6:18 pm
Posts: 1872
Location: Edinburgh

Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Ronin, sorry thats you. Your on 8 HP. Who'd guess he'd crit??
I play it as the dice fall.

Just to clarify, The speed is fine, just don't expect an instant reply from me. I'm not watching 24/7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


I see the target fall, not eliminated though, as i singal John to come walk with me..We run over there
"Who do you think that could be?"
I run up on him Sheeth my bow and arrow, and unsheethe my sword, and hold it to his neck,
"State your name!!"
I shout with anger.
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
Sendal
Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy


Joined: Wed Jan 09, 12008 6:18 pm
Posts: 1872
Location: Edinburgh

Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


As you aproach, you realise "The Target" is a Lizardman. There are some settlements of them in these swampy regions. Before you reach him with sufficient proximity to threaten him, he regains his footing, an arrow deeply imbedded in his chest. If it hadn't been for the thick hides hes wearing, he'd probably be dead

Ronin's turn to act before it goes any further
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apostlyte
Überspam piggy
Überspam piggy


Joined: Fri Jul 17, 12009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Texas

Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9Reputation: 68.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Figuring that the best offense is defense, I wait as I notice the dark shape drop.

As Ultima heads towards fallen body, I follow, slowly and cautiously. I observe everything around me.

"Friend." I place a cautious hand on Ultima's Shoulder. "I do not think this one will be doing us any harm. Stay your sword and lets see who and what he is...?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


As i pull away my sword
"Alright"
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
Sendal
Ascended piggy
Ascended piggy


Joined: Wed Jan 09, 12008 6:18 pm
Posts: 1872
Location: Edinburgh

Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9Reputation: 143.9
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


He carrys no weapons, though he looks rather large and muscular, even for a lizardman. He is practicaly caked in swamp mud, though you can see some trinkets under the muck, small animal skulls and the like

Knowledge Nature: d20+7 = 13

Ultima will recognise them as the sort of totems that a shamen or Druid might carry

recap for Ronin: From your perspective someone jumped from a hole in the ground and fired an arrow at you. A second human emerged, and they aproached a short way, but now seem unsure of themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronin
Burried under his own posts
Burried under his own posts


Joined: Sun May 20, 12007 9:50 pm
Posts: 11615
Location: In front of my PC

Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2Reputation: 363.2
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Sendal wrote:
As you aproach, you realise "The Target" is a Lizardman. There are some settlements of them in these swampy regions. Before you reach him with sufficient proximity to threaten him, he regains his footing, an arrow deeply imbedded in his chest. If it hadn't been for the thick hides hes wearing, he'd probably be dead

Ronin's turn to act before it goes any further

Sorry i was out for a sec.... I'll decide to stay nice...
*Gets up, now wounded with the arrow through his chest*
*Hisssss*
*looks around, still a bit dizzy from the sudden shot*
"I know you humansss don't like my kind, but thisss is over it!"
*Takes a Defensive stance, but still ready to attack if there was another arrow fired at him*

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ultima1221
Commander of Piggymoo
Commander of Piggymoo


Joined: Thu Apr 23, 12009 10:06 pm
Posts: 509
Location: nowhere

Reputation: 37.7Reputation: 37.7
Add reputation for this poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 12009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Startled on how he got up, I still remain in my posture. Examining this lizard man to see he has some sort of...magical force...He seems liek a Shaman...Possibly a Druid...somethign that could harm him...
"Did you steal my ring, Mister......."
_________________
i no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit users myspace page MSN Messenger
Display replies from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Piggymoo.com Forum Index -> chat forum -> Role playing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 23 of 49

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2011 phpBB Group
Flower Power phpBB theme by Flowers Online. modified by piggymoo
DMCA, C&D, Legal, privacy